Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Placemats


This week is a busy week... my daughter and her family are in the process of moving and are staying with me while they finish clearing out/cleaning their old house.  I'm keeping my granddaughters while the young folks do all the work.

I asked my granddaughters to draw me a picture of their favorite foods and I'm turning the pictures into place mats for them to take with them.  (This is not an idea that is original to me; I saw it on another blog months ago.)

Emma likes watermelon...



...and Chloe likes cupcakes!


I've not assembled or quilted the place mats yet... still works in progress.

Emma and Chloe also drew pictures so that I could make place mats for their parents as well.... but I've not gotten to those yet.  Playing with the girls keeps me busy...  


...I'm going to miss them.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!!
    How far will the family be when they move? My grandkids are only 7 miles away. I don't know what I'll do if they ever move really far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! When I start quilting, that's something I will do with my niece's children, they love to draw!
    So glad you're back to blogging, I was missing my Freda Fix! At first I thought your family was was just changing houses locally, but reading on, it seems they're moving away ;-(
    I know how you enjoy those girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way Cute!
    Did you fuse them?
    I hope I remember this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun bonding project with such lovely girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea---------they will remember their trip to Grandma's house. Bet their friends will want some too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea to get them involved in a fun project. They look like very happy fun girls. Have a good time spoiling them while they are at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are just beautiful and I love the ideas you share for memory-making. I'm loving the stages Kal-El is going through but I am really looking forward to trying this with him too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, those placemats, designed by your granddaughters.
    Greetings Roos

    ReplyDelete